Push for airline merger grows - Bloomberg Business News
October 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- More groups are throwing their weight behind a proposed merger that would create America's largest airline.
Airports Push for Airline Merger
More groups are giving their support for a merger between US Airways and American Airlines. Now the Philadelphia and Dallas-Fort Worth airports are backing the merger to create the largest airline. All of this comes ahead of the U.S. Justice Department's federal trial which is set to begin next month. The U.S. is suing the airlines saying the merger would reduce competition and harm consumers.
Macy's Hosting National Coat Drive
Over the next few days Macy's will donate up to 30,000 coats in its "Buy One and Will Give One" effort. Starting Tuesday, October 29, and running through Saturday November 2, for every coat purchased at a Macy's store or online, the retailer will donate a coat to Clothes 4 Souls, which is an anti-poverty organization. For an extra incentive Macy's is offering 25% off a large selection of their coats for the campaign.
6at4, stock market, economy, air travel, us airways, american airlines, macy's, business/finance
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 24 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees 32 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids