DTV Transition 101
June 14, 2009 (WPVI) -- Digital Television (DTV) is an advanced broadcasting technology that will transform your television viewing experience. DTV enables broadcasters to offer television with better picture and sound quality. It can also offer multiple programming choices, called multicasting, and interactive capabilities.
DTV TRANSITION 101 STEP BY STEP: In order to see our new signal you have to make sure you have the right antenna.
The antenna will need to have rabbit ears that receive the VHF signal.
Make sure the antenna is plugged into "antenna in" on your new converter box.
The next step: plug your television into the output of the converter box.
Make sure the converter box is plugged into a power outlet.
Check to make sure that the power light comes on if your converter box has one.
Once your converter box is on, turn on your television.
Press the "menu" button and scan the channels.
Wait a few minutes for this process to take place.
To our viewers:
6abc will continue to answer your DTV Inquiry emails and phone calls, however the large number of correspondences we've received may prevent an immediate personalized response.
DirecTV subscribers should now be able to receive 6abc. If you can not, please contact DirecTV. Satellite and cable subscribers should not have to rescan their television sets.
If you are using an antenna, 6abc is available on VHF Channel 6. Optimally, you should have a VHF/UHF antenna to receive all available digital television programming.
If you are having problems now that the 6abc DTV switch has happened, Fill out this form in order to report your DTV transition issues.
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish