Nissan to recall Infiniti G35 over air bag issues
WASHINGTON - May 4, 2010 -- Nissan Motor Co. said Tuesday it will recall nearly 135,000 Infiniti G35 sedans and coupes to address a problem that could lead to the air bag not deploying in a crash.
Nissan said the recall involves G35 Coupes from the 2005 to 2007 model years and G35 Sedans from the 2005 to 2006 model year.
The automaker says the air bag unit's wire harness under the front passenger seat could wear down and interrupt the air bag's signal. In a crash, the air bag may not deploy and could increase the risk of an injury.
Nissan spokesman Colin Price said there have been no injuries reported.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said Nissan had not yet provided the agency with a plan to fix the vehicles or a timeline of when owners will be notified.
Price said if a vehicle's red air bag warning light had turned on, the owner can bring their car into their dealer for repair. For more information, owners can call Infiniti at (800) 662-6200.
recall, nissan, consumer news
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 26 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 14 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash 55 min ago
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue 16 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City...
16 min ago
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila....
26 min ago