900,000 dangerous coffee makers recalled
May 20, 2010 (WPVI) -- General Electric is recall 900,000 coffee makers because they pose a burn and fire hazard according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
The General Electric®-branded 12-cup digital coffee makers were sold for about $30 at Wal-mart Stores nationwide since March 2008. Wal-mart has received 83 reports of overheating, smoking, melting, burning and fire, including three reports of minor burn injuries to consumer's hands, feet and torso. Reports of property damage include a significant kitchen fire and damage to countertops, cabinets and a wall.
I This recall involves General Electric®-brand 12-cup coffee makers sold in white or black. The digital coffee maker has programmable functions and plastic housing. The GE logo is printed on the base of the coffee maker and the model number is printed on the bottom of the base. Model numbers included in the recall are 169164 (black) and 169165 (white).
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled coffee makers and return the product to any Walmart for a full refund.
recall, general electric, walmart, consumer news
- Snow Arriving 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow Arriving
1 min ago