Toyota to recall 270,000 cars worldwide
WASHINGTON - July 1, 2010 -- Toyota Motor Corp. says it will recall 270,000 vehicles worldwide next Monday to fix faulty engines.
Toyota spokesman Paul Nolasco said Friday the recalled vehicles include seven models of luxury Lexus sedans and the popular Crown. Of the 270,000 vehicles, some 180,000 were sold overseas and the rest in Japan.
Nolasco said Toyota will inform Japan's transport ministry of a recall of 90,000 vehicles on Monday.
toyota, consumer news
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
More 6abc.com links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos