Toyota to recall 138,000 Lexus vehicles in US
WASHINGTON - July 2, 2010 -- Toyota Motor Corp. says it intends to recall 138,000 Lexus vehicles in the United States to fix faulty engines in the latest quality problem at the world's No. 1 automaker.
The company says flaws in valve springs, a crucial engine component, could make the vehicle stall while in motion. Toyota said in a statement Friday it plans to file paperwork on the recall with the government next week.
The recall affects certain GS, IS and LS vehicles from the 2006-2008 model years.
Toyota had announced it would recall 270,000 Lexus vehicles around the world to address the engine problem.
toyota, consumer news
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies