Toyota to recall 138,000 Lexus vehicles in US
WASHINGTON - July 2, 2010 -- Toyota Motor Corp. says it intends to recall 138,000 Lexus vehicles in the United States to fix faulty engines in the latest quality problem at the world's No. 1 automaker.
The company says flaws in valve springs, a crucial engine component, could make the vehicle stall while in motion. Toyota said in a statement Friday it plans to file paperwork on the recall with the government next week.
The recall affects certain GS, IS and LS vehicles from the 2006-2008 model years.
Toyota had announced it would recall 270,000 Lexus vehicles around the world to address the engine problem.
toyota, consumer news
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted