500,000 Honda models involved in recall alert
WASHINGTON (AP) - October 22, 2010 -- Honda says nearly a half-million sedans and minivans in the United States are involved in this week's recall to fix brake fluid leaks.
The action, announced earlier, involves the same issue that led Toyota to recall 1.5 million vehicles.
Honda says the recall affects 471,820 2005-2007 model year Acura RL sedans and Honda Odyssey minivans from the 2005 to early 2007 model year.
Honda says there have been no injuries or accidents tied to the problem.
The Japanese automaker told the government that certain types of brake fluid could affect the seal on the brake's master cylinder and lead to a leak.
If the leaks are left unattended, they could cause a spongy feeling in the brake pedal and adversely affect brake performance.
recall, toyota, consumer news
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 39 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
39 min ago
More consumer resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos