Chrysler recalls nearly 150,000 trucks, SUVs
WASHINGTON - December 30, 2010 -- Chrysler recalled nearly 150,000 trucks and SUVs on Thursday to address problems including steering, air bag issues and the potential for trucks to stall.
Chrysler Group LLC is conducting three separate recalls to fix the problems, which were posted on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's website.
The first recall covers about 22,000 Dodge Ram trucks from the 2008-2011 model years to address steering problems. Chrysler said it had received 86 complaints over three years but was not aware of any crashes or injuries connected to the issue.
The second involves about 65,000 2009 model year Dodge Journey SUVs to fix side air bags that might not deploy. Wires within the front door could break and interrupt the circuits for the side impact sensors, causing the air bag warning light to go off and potentially preventing the air bag from deploying in a crash, the car manufacturer told the government.
Chrysler said it has received 23 complaints from customers about the air bag lamp. There have been no reports of crashes, fires or injuries.
The last recall includes about 57,000 Ram 1500 trucks from the 2011 model year to fix components in rear axles that could cause the trucks to stall. Chrysler said it has received 20 reports of axle bearing noise or failure, most coming within 500 miles of driving. It has not received any reports of crashes or injuries.
The recalls are expected to begin in February. Chrysler said owners can call (800) 853-1403 for more information.
recall, chrysler, consumer news
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 6 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 7 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
6 min ago