Dole recalls bagged salad for salmonella risk
MONTEREY, Calif. (AP) - April 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Dole Food Co. said late Saturday that its fresh vegetables division is recalling 756 cases of bagged salad, because they could be contaminated with salmonella.
The bags of Seven Lettuces salad are stamped with a use-by date of April 11, 2012, UPC code 71430 01057 and product codes 0577N089112A and 0577N089112B, the company said.
The product code and use-by date are located in the upper right-hand corner of the package, while the UPC code is on the back of the package, below the barcode.
The salads were distributed in Alabama, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.
Dole said that it's coordinating with regulatory officials and that no illnesses have been reported.
The company said the bags are being recalled, because a random sample tested by the State of New York came back positive for Salmonella. No other Dole salads are included in the recall.
Consumers should throw out the recalled bags. Dole said it's also contacting retailers to make sure the bags in question are not available for sale.
The most common symptoms of salmonella are diarrhea, abdominal cramps and fever within eight to 72 hours of eating the contaminated food. The illness can be severe or even life-threatening for infants, older people, pregnant women and people with weakened immune systems.
recall, consumer news
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Winter Warm Up 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 18 min ago
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco 6 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 57 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 52 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 59 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 19 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Winter Warm Up
24 min ago
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
33 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
57 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
51 min ago