PNC unveils new way to bank on the go
June 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Here's a new way to bank on the go!
Some PNC customers can now deposit checks anywhere, anytime!
This new convenience is thanks to PNC's mobile deposit app and all you need is an iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad 2s!
"Select your account, put in the dollar amount you want to deposit, take a photo of the front and the back of the check, and you've made your deposit. It all happens in 90 seconds or less," Kelly Finch of PNC Bank said.
And PNC promises the app is secure.
"The photo is not stored on the app, you take the picture, your deposit is made, we ask people to hold on to the check for two weeks just to make sure the check has cleared and after that they can destroy it," Finch said.
Mobile deposits made before 8 p.m. are typically available the next business day.
By the way, Action News photographer, Gino Canella, tested the technology out himself this week and he says it worked perfectly.
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 23 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 4 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
41 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
23 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
4 min ago
More 6abc.com links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos