PNC unveils new way to bank on the go
June 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Here's a new way to bank on the go!
Some PNC customers can now deposit checks anywhere, anytime!
This new convenience is thanks to PNC's mobile deposit app and all you need is an iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad 2s!
"Select your account, put in the dollar amount you want to deposit, take a photo of the front and the back of the check, and you've made your deposit. It all happens in 90 seconds or less," Kelly Finch of PNC Bank said.
And PNC promises the app is secure.
"The photo is not stored on the app, you take the picture, your deposit is made, we ask people to hold on to the check for two weeks just to make sure the check has cleared and after that they can destroy it," Finch said.
Mobile deposits made before 8 p.m. are typically available the next business day.
By the way, Action News photographer, Gino Canella, tested the technology out himself this week and he says it worked perfectly.
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Windy And Cool 3 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Windy And Cool
3 min ago
More 6abc.com links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos