Consumer News: Facebook scams and free slurpees
July 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Facebook users, there are two new scams on the social network.
The first scam is disguised as a leaked video of Casey Anthony confessing to her attorney.
Do not click to watch the video. If you do, you'll likely end up with malware that'll give hackers access to your Facebook account.
The second scam offers an application for Facebook's new video chat and says "enable video calls."
Do not click on the link. There is no application needed to use Facebook's video chat.
In credit news, ever wonder why you got rejected for a credit card or a loan?
Soon the company that rejected you will have to give you some answers.
New rules will go into effect on July 21 as part of the Consumer Protection Act.
The rules affect lenders and creditors who deny a consumer's application or give less favorable terms for a loan or credit card.
It will require them to disclose your credit score and other factors it used to make their decision, including which credit reporting bureau it used.
In savings news, you can get a free slurpee today to cool off from the scorching weather.
Today is 7-Eleven Day, which celebrates the chain's 84th anniversary.
7-Eleven expects to give away 5-million slurpees today.
If you miss out on this freebie, throughout 2011 you can take advantage of the chain's Twitter promotion by using the hashtag #YearOf711.
This deal is only good on the 7th of each month.
casey anthony, scam, facebook, 7-11, freebies, consumer news, nydia han
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1