Consumer News: Facebook scams and free slurpees
July 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Facebook users, there are two new scams on the social network.
The first scam is disguised as a leaked video of Casey Anthony confessing to her attorney.
Do not click to watch the video. If you do, you'll likely end up with malware that'll give hackers access to your Facebook account.
The second scam offers an application for Facebook's new video chat and says "enable video calls."
Do not click on the link. There is no application needed to use Facebook's video chat.
In credit news, ever wonder why you got rejected for a credit card or a loan?
Soon the company that rejected you will have to give you some answers.
New rules will go into effect on July 21 as part of the Consumer Protection Act.
The rules affect lenders and creditors who deny a consumer's application or give less favorable terms for a loan or credit card.
It will require them to disclose your credit score and other factors it used to make their decision, including which credit reporting bureau it used.
In savings news, you can get a free slurpee today to cool off from the scorching weather.
Today is 7-Eleven Day, which celebrates the chain's 84th anniversary.
7-Eleven expects to give away 5-million slurpees today.
If you miss out on this freebie, throughout 2011 you can take advantage of the chain's Twitter promotion by using the hashtag #YearOf711.
This deal is only good on the 7th of each month.
casey anthony, scam, facebook, 7-11, freebies, consumer news, nydia han
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Wintry Weekend
1 min ago