Furniture replaced by Call for Action
July 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Furniture can be a big investment so you expect your purchase to last a while. Imagine how frustrated one consumer was when the sofa set she bought fell apart not just once, but twice!
Donna Newman bought a new sofa set for about $1,400 and says the staples came out of the leg rests. While the company gave her a new set, her furniture problems didn't end there.
"The second set - replacement set - was different material," said Newman of Honeybrook, Pa., "and all the padding disintegrated in the back part behind where you sit."
"Got a third set and the seaming, after six weeks, just pulled apart," Newman added.
She says this time the store wasn't as willing to replace it. That's when Donna decided she needed the help of our Call For Action volunteers
"They called and contacted the owner, and the owner had me come out and I picked out this set."
If you have a consumer problem, alert the Call For Action volunteers, Mon-Fri from 11am-1pm 1-866-978-4232.
6at4, call for action, consumer news
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 52 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 19 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 17 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 18 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
52 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
36 min ago