Furniture replaced by Call for Action
July 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Furniture can be a big investment so you expect your purchase to last a while. Imagine how frustrated one consumer was when the sofa set she bought fell apart not just once, but twice!
Donna Newman bought a new sofa set for about $1,400 and says the staples came out of the leg rests. While the company gave her a new set, her furniture problems didn't end there.
"The second set - replacement set - was different material," said Newman of Honeybrook, Pa., "and all the padding disintegrated in the back part behind where you sit."
"Got a third set and the seaming, after six weeks, just pulled apart," Newman added.
She says this time the store wasn't as willing to replace it. That's when Donna decided she needed the help of our Call For Action volunteers
"They called and contacted the owner, and the owner had me come out and I picked out this set."
If you have a consumer problem, alert the Call For Action volunteers, Mon-Fri from 11am-1pm 1-866-978-4232.
6at4, call for action, consumer news
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book