Chrysler recalling 367,000 minivans a second time
DETROIT (AP) - August 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Chrysler is recalling more than 367,000 Dodge and Chrysler minivans because the air bags can go off unexpectedly.
It's the second recall of the 2008 Chrysler Town and Country and Dodge Grand Caravan minivans for a similar problem.
Those vans were recalled in January because water from the air conditioner could leak onto the computer chips that control the air bags, and that could make them inflate. Dealers replaced an air conditioner part to fix the leak.
But Chrysler said Thursday its engineers later found that water may have damaged the chip in the repaired vans, so it's recalling them again.
Dealers will inspect the chips and replace them if they are damaged.
Chrysler said the problem hasn't caused any crashes or injuries.
recall, chrysler, consumer news
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 27 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
59 min ago
More consumer resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos