Chrysler recalling 367,000 minivans a second time
DETROIT (AP) - August 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Chrysler is recalling more than 367,000 Dodge and Chrysler minivans because the air bags can go off unexpectedly.
It's the second recall of the 2008 Chrysler Town and Country and Dodge Grand Caravan minivans for a similar problem.
Those vans were recalled in January because water from the air conditioner could leak onto the computer chips that control the air bags, and that could make them inflate. Dealers replaced an air conditioner part to fix the leak.
But Chrysler said Thursday its engineers later found that water may have damaged the chip in the repaired vans, so it's recalling them again.
Dealers will inspect the chips and replace them if they are damaged.
Chrysler said the problem hasn't caused any crashes or injuries.
recall, chrysler, consumer news
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 35 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 23 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 24 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 28 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
21 min ago
- Raising healthy kids: Radiation exposure
6 min ago
- Truck stuck under RR overpass in Bensalem
14 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect...
24 min ago