Back to School: The hottest looks for less
August 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- We all know that when it comes to Back to School shopping students need more than books and classroom supplies. Many students are actually more focused on their new fall wardrobe.
Here are some tips on how to get the hottest looks for less.
Tip number one, you do NOT want to look too matchy-matchy. The key is to Mix and Match both textures and looks.
And tip two? Buy pieces you can LAYER and wear different ways. Multi-functional pieces help you stretch your wardrobe and your dollar.
Celebrity stylist Jen Abrams knows what's hot and how to put a look together that's good enough for Hollywood and the classroom.
She says rocker-Ts are big for fall.
For the guys, think layering and collegiate, no matter what grade you're in. And when it comes to price?
"You do not have to pay a lot for kids' clothes. I do not believe in paying a lot for kids' clothes," Abrams said.
Using clothes from Old Navy, Jen put three kids' looks together, each for under $50. A cool Star Wars t-shirt from Old Navy costs about $10.
The layered look is in for girls, too.
Jeans are a must-have and no matter what style, they don't have to break the bank either!
A popular skinny jean in a dark wash from Justice sells for just $22.
And if you haven't jumped on the Jegging bandwagon, hop on! They're affordable. A pair from American Eagle runs under $30.
Not bad considering designer jeans will cost you a hundred dollars and up!
Old Navy - all kindergarten/first grade looks www.oldnavy.com
H&M - shirt and jacket for high school boy Colin hm.com/us/
Marlyn Schiff: jewelry for all looks in the segment www.marlynschiff.com
Justice: Girls clothing and pre-teen fashions http://www.shopjustice.com
American Eagle Outfitters http://www.ae.com/web/index.jsp
Springfield Mall http://shopspringfieldmall.com/
back to school, consumer news, nydia han
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Red Flag Warnings Posted 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 59 min ago
- Wildfire risk prompts Red Flag Warning for NJ 44 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 59 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Emaciated dog rescued from Wilmington home 12 min ago
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police