Call for Action: Computer sweepstakes winner
EAST FALLS - August 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- We often warn you about sweepstakes that are flat-out bogus. That isn't the case here.
Our viewer got the computer she won. The problem is, after a very short time - it stopped working.
Michelle Warnick is going into the sixth grade and has a netbook but really needs a computer for school. So her mom, Hope, was thrilled when she got a letter in the mail - saying she'd won credits toward a desktop computer valued at $679.95. Hope sent in a total of $354.59 to redeem the prize.
"17 When I got it that day, it did not work," Hope Warnick told Call for Action. "I called and called and called, and it was about two-and-a-half hours I was on hold."
Hope says that the money she sent in for the computer is money she couldn't afford to throw away.
"I was devastated. I was crying. I have MS. I really wanted this for my daughter."
Fed up, Hope turned to Call for Action. Our volunteers helped Hope get through to a representative at the sweepstakes company and get the computer working again.
"Thank you, and God bless. It is really wonderful what you have going on. I would suggest anybody if they have a problem: Call for Action. They get results and they care, they really care and in this world, that's rare."
Our Call for Action volunteers really have so much power to change lives and change our community for the better.. If you'd like to join forces with them, give us a call at (215) 581-5745. Our volunteers take new cases Monday through Friday from 11 am until 1pm.
6at4, call for action, computers, consumer news, nydia han
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 36 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 34 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 19 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 43 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!