Call for Action: Computer sweepstakes winner
EAST FALLS - August 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- We often warn you about sweepstakes that are flat-out bogus. That isn't the case here.
Our viewer got the computer she won. The problem is, after a very short time - it stopped working.
Michelle Warnick is going into the sixth grade and has a netbook but really needs a computer for school. So her mom, Hope, was thrilled when she got a letter in the mail - saying she'd won credits toward a desktop computer valued at $679.95. Hope sent in a total of $354.59 to redeem the prize.
"17 When I got it that day, it did not work," Hope Warnick told Call for Action. "I called and called and called, and it was about two-and-a-half hours I was on hold."
Hope says that the money she sent in for the computer is money she couldn't afford to throw away.
"I was devastated. I was crying. I have MS. I really wanted this for my daughter."
Fed up, Hope turned to Call for Action. Our volunteers helped Hope get through to a representative at the sweepstakes company and get the computer working again.
"Thank you, and God bless. It is really wonderful what you have going on. I would suggest anybody if they have a problem: Call for Action. They get results and they care, they really care and in this world, that's rare."
Our Call for Action volunteers really have so much power to change lives and change our community for the better.. If you'd like to join forces with them, give us a call at (215) 581-5745. Our volunteers take new cases Monday through Friday from 11 am until 1pm.
6at4, call for action, computers, consumer news, nydia han
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 11 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 29 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 4 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
1 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
11 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
29 min ago