Heinz promising free ketchup after Facebook glitch
PITTSBURGH (AP) - November 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Pittsburgh-based H.J. Heinz Co. is promising a free bottle of its new balsamic vinegar ketchup to anybody who tried to buy it during a failed product launch on the Facebook social networking website.
Monday was the first time Heinz sold a U.S. product through its Facebook page. But an unspecified glitch kept customers from buying the new ketchup until about 9 p.m. Heinz has sold products through Facebook in the United Kingdom before.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette newspaper (http://bit.ly/vxFPWX ) reported Tuesday that Heinz will ship a free bottle of the balsamic ketchup to those who posted on the Facebook page when it wasn't working.
Heinz also will send an additional free bottle to anyone placing a Facebook order for the ketchup Tuesday.
The new ketchup hits stores in December.
Information from: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, http://www.post-gazette.com
- More Snow on the Way 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video: Preparing for more snow
- Video: Tracking more snow
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school 44 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 45 min ago
- Video: Recapping the Eagles Snow Bowl 52 min ago
- Roy Halladay retires after 16 seasons 48 min ago
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- More Snow on the Way
46 min ago