Ford to recall Fusion, Milan sedans to fix wheels
DETROIT (AP) -December 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Ford is recalling more than 128,000 Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan sedans from the 2010 and 2011 model years because the wheels can fall off the cars.
The recall affects only cars with 17-inch steel wheels built from April 1, 2009 through April 30, 2009, and from Dec. 1, 2009 through Nov. 13, 2010.
Federal regulators say that bolts holding the wheels on can fracture, causing a vibration. If the vibration is ignored, the wheels can separate from the car.
Ford says it's not aware of any crashes or injuries caused by the problem.
Dealers will replace the lug nuts on all four wheels and check the rear disc brake surface. The recall is expected to begin around Jan. 24.
ford motor company, recall, consumer news
- Mug shot released of McNabb after DUI arrest 25 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 11 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 13 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 23 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 14 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 22 min ago
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 24 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 16 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
16 min ago