Phony emails scamming American Airlines customers
January 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- After filing for bankruptcy several months ago, American Airlines is facing yet another problem - this time an email scam.
Officials with the airline say that an email scam has been going around attempting to obtain personal information from its customers.
The airline posted examples of the phony emails on its website.
American Airlines also warns customers on their site that they will never use emails to gather account related information.
Any emails customers receive asking for personal information should be considered fraudulent.
Officials are asking anyone who has received one of the fake emails to forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
american airlines, scam, consumer news
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash