Phony emails scamming American Airlines customers
January 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- After filing for bankruptcy several months ago, American Airlines is facing yet another problem - this time an email scam.
Officials with the airline say that an email scam has been going around attempting to obtain personal information from its customers.
The airline posted examples of the phony emails on its website.
American Airlines also warns customers on their site that they will never use emails to gather account related information.
Any emails customers receive asking for personal information should be considered fraudulent.
Officials are asking anyone who has received one of the fake emails to forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
american airlines, scam, consumer news
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 20 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
More 6abc.com links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos