IKEA high chairs recalled for fall hazard - 6at4
WASHINGTON, D.C. - January 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Nearly 170,000 IKEA high chairs are being recalled after several children have been hurt.
Officials and IKEA say the high chair's restraint buckle can open unexpectedly, posing a fall hazard to the child. There have been 8 worldwide of restraint buckles that opened unexpectedly, including three reports of children who received minor injuries after falling from the high chair.
About 169,000 of the defective high chairs (133,000 in the U.S. and 36,000 in Canada) were been sold from August 2006 through January 2010 for about $20.
The plastic ANTILOP high chairs were sold in red, blue or white and have detachable silver-colored metal legs. High chairs included in the recall have a manufacture date between 0607 and 0911 (YYMM format) from supplier number 17389. The production date and supplier number are molded into the underside of the seat. "ANTILOP," "IKEA" and the model number are printed on a label affixed to the underside of the seat. Model numbers included in the recall are:
ANTILOP high chair blue Model # 701.467.92
ANTILOP high chair red Model # 501.467.93
ANTILOP high chair white Model # 300.697.24
Consumers should immediately stop using the high chairs and contact IKEA to obtain a free replacement seat restraint. You can contact IKEA toll-free at (866) 966-4532 anytime, or visit the firm's website at www.ikea-usa.com.
recall, ikea, children, pennsylvania, conshohocken, consumer news
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 27 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 24 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 9 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 4 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
24 min ago