Consumer: Tax deadline extended
January 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- In consumer news, we're taking a look at which graduate degrees are worth the extra debt. Plus a high chair recall and how much more time you'll have to file your taxes this year.
Procrastinators will love this one; you now have two additional days to file your 2011 tax return.
The deadline for this tax season is Tuesday, April 17th. That's because April 15th falls on a Sunday and Emancipation Day, a holiday observed in the District of Columbia, falls on April 16th.
In the meantime, the IRS will begin accepting e-file and Free-file returns on January 17th.
The IRS says e-filing ensures accuracy and faster refunds, and everyone can use Free-file to prepare and file a federal tax return.
And check out IRS2Go, the agency's free Smartphone app to check the status of your refund.
IKEA is recalling certain ANTILOP high chairs due to a fall hazard. The restraint buckle can open unexpectedly.
The high chairs were sold from August 2006 through January 2010 for $20 and are from supplier number 17389.
IKEA is offering a free replacement restraint. For more information, call 1-866-966-4532.
You're not the only one feeling the pinch in these rough economic times; your doctor is too.
Many doctors are reportedly going broke.
Physicians blame shrinking insurance reimbursements, changing regulations, and rising costs for sinking their private practices.
Some experts also blame the fact that fewer people are going to the doctor.
So which Graduate degrees give you the most bang for your buck; or improves your salary most dramatically?
Health and medical preparatory programs still rank highest, increasing salary by 190%.
Graduate degrees in social sciences, zoology, molecular biology, and public policy can also dramatically improve your earnings.
The worst graduate major for salary improvement is meteorology, which only improved wage prospects by 1%.
Only a little better were studio arts, oceanography, mass media, advertising and public relations.
recall, tax day, taxes, college, consumer news, nydia han
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 18 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 47 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice 5 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed