Ford recalls 450,426 minivans and SUVs
DETROIT, Mich. (AP) - January 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ford says it's recalling nearly half a million minivans and SUVs because of a pair of mechanical issues.
The Dearborn, Mich.-based automaker is recalling 205,896 Freestar and Mercury Monterey minivans made during the 2004 and 2005 model years, because their torque converter output shaft may fail and cause a loss of power.
Ford Motor Co. is also recalling 244,530 Escape SUVs made during the 2001 and 2002 model years, because of a leaky brake fluid cap. If the fluid leaks, it could corrode electrical connectors and lead to a fire.
Ford says it will inform owners and replace the parts for free.
In the case of the Escape, Ford says there could be a parts delay. If so, owners should park their cars outside until the parts become available.
You can get more details about the recall by following this link to safercar.gov(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
recall, automobiles, ford motor company, consumer news
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 35 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 22 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 27 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
22 min ago
More consumer resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos