Ford recalls 450,426 minivans and SUVs
DETROIT, Mich. (AP) - January 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ford says it's recalling nearly half a million minivans and SUVs because of a pair of mechanical issues.
The Dearborn, Mich.-based automaker is recalling 205,896 Freestar and Mercury Monterey minivans made during the 2004 and 2005 model years, because their torque converter output shaft may fail and cause a loss of power.
Ford Motor Co. is also recalling 244,530 Escape SUVs made during the 2001 and 2002 model years, because of a leaky brake fluid cap. If the fluid leaks, it could corrode electrical connectors and lead to a fire.
Ford says it will inform owners and replace the parts for free.
In the case of the Escape, Ford says there could be a parts delay. If so, owners should park their cars outside until the parts become available.
You can get more details about the recall by following this link to safercar.gov(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
recall, automobiles, ford motor company, consumer news
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking 3 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall...
3 min ago