Ford recalls 450,426 minivans and SUVs
DETROIT, Mich. (AP) - January 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ford says it's recalling nearly half a million minivans and SUVs because of a pair of mechanical issues.
The Dearborn, Mich.-based automaker is recalling 205,896 Freestar and Mercury Monterey minivans made during the 2004 and 2005 model years, because their torque converter output shaft may fail and cause a loss of power.
Ford Motor Co. is also recalling 244,530 Escape SUVs made during the 2001 and 2002 model years, because of a leaky brake fluid cap. If the fluid leaks, it could corrode electrical connectors and lead to a fire.
Ford says it will inform owners and replace the parts for free.
In the case of the Escape, Ford says there could be a parts delay. If so, owners should park their cars outside until the parts become available.
You can get more details about the recall by following this link to safercar.gov(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
recall, automobiles, ford motor company, consumer news
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 9 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
More consumer resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos