Consumer: Walmart gift card scam, junk email
March 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- How would you like a Walmart gift card worth $1,000?
Many people are getting a text message with such an offer but, as it turns out, it's all a scam.
The message started circulating years ago but is rearing its ugly head once again.
In the message, users are told they'll get the gift card just for clicking the link or completing a survey.
Walmart says it does not offer $1,000 gift cards in this manner.
If you get the message, do not click on the link.
Another scam going around is hitting email inboxes.
In this one, a message appears to come from the Better Business Bureau saying the agency has received a complaint from you.
The message includes a link, purportedly for more information. Again, do not click on the link and, if you have in the past, run a full virus and spyware scan on your computer.
PSE&G won't report customer info to credit agency
New Jersey's largest utility will not turn over customer payment histories to a credit reporting agency after all.
PSE&G announced in 2010 that it would notify Experian about payment histories.
But the director of the Division of Rate Counsel sued saying PSE&G has no right to disclose individual customer information to a third party without the customer's consent.
AC Airport to add full-body scanners
Travelers - listen up! Atlantic City International Airport will be adding full-body scanners by the end of the month.
Airport officials say the change is part of an overall upgrade and redesign of its screening areas.
They say the changes will allow the airport to accommodate more passengers and ensure quicker movement through screening.
Good news if you're sick of junk email
Chains like Nicole Miller and JC Penney are cutting back on the number of emails they send, apparently realizing too many can annoy customers.
By the way, last year, the nation's top one-hundred retailers sent an average of 177 messages to each customer - Neiman Marcus sent more than 500!
walmart, jc penney, scam, consumer news
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 24 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting 16 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
24 min ago