BMW recalls 1.3 million cars worldwide
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) - March 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- BMW AG is recalling 1.3 million 5- and 6-series cars from the 2003 to 2010 model years.
The company says that in rare cases a battery cable covering in the trunk was incorrectly installed.
The defect could prevent the car from starting and in extreme cases could lead to a fire. BMW says it knows of no accidents or injuries from the defect.
The company said owners will be notified by letter and that the repair should take about 30 minutes.
The recall affects 290,000 cars in Germany and 1.3 million worldwide.
recall, automobiles, consumer news
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd 17 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps 43 min ago
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure 21 min ago
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud 39 min ago
- Man accused of sexual relationship with teen niece
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia 41 min ago
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
39 min ago
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
43 min ago
More consumer resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos