BMW recalling 2,800 cars for fire risk
April 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- BMW is recalling about 2,800 cars because a circuit board can overheat and cause a fire.
The recall covers some 2011 and 2012 models of the 5-Series, 5-Series Gran Turismo, 6-Series convertible, 7-Series, X5 SAV and X6 SAV.
The company says in documents filed with the government that there have been no injuries.
The circuit board is for the electric auxiliary water pump. BMW says it will notify owners of the cars and dealers will replace the pump for free. Owners can call BMW at 800-525-7417 for details.
recall, consumer news
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street 3 min ago
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist 23 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila. after-hours club 24 min ago
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary 9 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice 53 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila....
24 min ago