BMW recalling 2,800 cars for fire risk
April 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- BMW is recalling about 2,800 cars because a circuit board can overheat and cause a fire.
The recall covers some 2011 and 2012 models of the 5-Series, 5-Series Gran Turismo, 6-Series convertible, 7-Series, X5 SAV and X6 SAV.
The company says in documents filed with the government that there have been no injuries.
The circuit board is for the electric auxiliary water pump. BMW says it will notify owners of the cars and dealers will replace the pump for free. Owners can call BMW at 800-525-7417 for details.
recall, consumer news
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 37 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
More consumer resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos