40,000 childrens trampolines recalled
May 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- About 40,000 child-sized trampolines from First Fitness are being recalled because the handlebar could break.
The trampolines with handlebars were sold at Toys "R" Us stores nationwide from September 2010 through April 2012 for between $45 and $70.
Aqua-Leisure Industries Inc., of Avon, Mass. received 4 reports of handlebars breaking from the metal connection joint during use, but no injuries have been reported.
The child-size toy trampolines have a red and blue metal handlebar, a blue nylon deck guard and a black jumping deck. "First Fitness" is embossed on the jumping deck in white letters.
The models being recalled are FF-6902TR. The store number is Toys R Us SKN 491463. The model and store numbers can be found on the lower right corner of the back of the packaging. A sewn-in tag on the bottom of the deck lists the factory date code of five numbers followed by "GLTX."
If you have one, you should immediately take the recalled trampolines from children and contact Aqua-Leisure's recall hotline for a full refund. You can call (888) 912-7087 between 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm's website at www.aqualeisure.com
recall, children, consumer news
- Caskets, headstones unearthed at Philly school 3 min ago
- Temps soar above normal 51 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights 20 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape 4 min ago
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in local scam
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up...
4 min ago