Chrysler adds 2 model years to Jeep Liberty recall
DETROIT (AP) - June 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Chrysler is adding more than 137,000 Jeep Liberty SUVs to a safety recall.
The National Highway Traffic Safety administration says on its website that lower control arms in the rear suspension can rust and break, possibly causing a crash.
The agency says Chrysler has added the 2006 and 2007 model years to the recall. It now totals nearly 347,000 vehicles. The recall covers vehicles in 20 states and Washington, D.C., where salt is used to clear snow and ice from the roads.
The company knows of no crashes or injuries from the problem.
Chrysler said in March that it was recalling about 200,000 Libertys from the 2004 and 2005 model years for the same problem.
Chrysler says it will inspect the parts and replace them for free if needed.
recall, consumer news
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 6 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 30 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- DA: Charges coming in death of NYC student 13 min ago
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- DA: Charges coming in death of NYC student
13 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
30 min ago