Toyota to recall Lexus SUVs to fix floor mat
DETROIT (AP) -June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Toyota is adding two Lexus SUVs to its huge recalls for unintended acceleration.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says it has asked Toyota to recall about 154,000 Lexus RX 450 H and RX 350 SUVs from the 2010 model year.
The safety agency says it made the request after reviewing consumer complaints and information from the company. The agency says gas pedals can become trapped by floor mats, causing the SUVs to accelerate unexpectedly.
Toyota has recalled more than 14 million vehicles globally to fix floor mats, gas pedals and other safety problems.
The agency says people with the SUVs should remove the driver's side floor mat and have their vehicles serviced quickly.
recall, consumer news
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working 55 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 18 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 4 min ago
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak 11 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare 19 min ago
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working
55 min ago