Pedigree canned dog food voluntary recall
CARLISLE, Pa. - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Giant Food Stores and Martin's Food Markets are alerting customers to a voluntary recall of Pedigree Weight Management canned dog food products.
Following a recall by Mars Petcare US, the stores announced it removed thecanned dog food products due to a potential choking risk.
The following product, with a best before date that falls between 2/24/2014 and 3/23/2014, is included in the recall
Pedigree Weight Management Meat Ground Beef & Liver Dinner, 13.2 oz., UPC 2310001913
The affected product may contain small pieces of blue plastic which entered the food during the production process.
A small number of consumers have reported finding the plastic pieces, but no injury or illness has been reported.
Customers who have purchased the product should discard any unused portions or bring their purchase receipt to Giant or Martin's refund.
recall, consumer news
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 8 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 10 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
10 min ago