Nissan recalling 11,000 Jukes to fix rear seats
DETROIT (AP) - July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Nissan is recalling about 11,000 Juke small SUVs to fix a problem with the rear seats.
The company says a weak weld can cause the seat backs to come loose in a crash, increasing the risk of injury. The recall affects Jukes from the 2012 model year. Nissan says it has no reports of injuries caused by the problem.
The company says dealers will notify owners and replace a faulty part that holds the seat back in place. Nissan says the recall will start later this month.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says on its website that the Jukes being recalled were made from Feb. 3 to May 26.
recall, consumer news
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip 1 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- 2 arrested for stealing tractor in Franklin Township
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- SEPTA announces fare hikes
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
1 min ago