Nissan recalling 11,000 Jukes to fix rear seats
DETROIT (AP) - July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Nissan is recalling about 11,000 Juke small SUVs to fix a problem with the rear seats.
The company says a weak weld can cause the seat backs to come loose in a crash, increasing the risk of injury. The recall affects Jukes from the 2012 model year. Nissan says it has no reports of injuries caused by the problem.
The company says dealers will notify owners and replace a faulty part that holds the seat back in place. Nissan says the recall will start later this month.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says on its website that the Jukes being recalled were made from Feb. 3 to May 26.
recall, consumer news
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 6 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run 10 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Photos: East Passyunk Avenue Tree Lighting Party
- Region prepares for wintry weather
12 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
10 min ago