Nissan recalling 11,000 Jukes to fix rear seats
DETROIT (AP) - July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Nissan is recalling about 11,000 Juke small SUVs to fix a problem with the rear seats.
The company says a weak weld can cause the seat backs to come loose in a crash, increasing the risk of injury. The recall affects Jukes from the 2012 model year. Nissan says it has no reports of injuries caused by the problem.
The company says dealers will notify owners and replace a faulty part that holds the seat back in place. Nissan says the recall will start later this month.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says on its website that the Jukes being recalled were made from Feb. 3 to May 26.
recall, consumer news
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 9 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 34 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 26 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 53 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ