Wegmans recalls soups due to plastic bits
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Fall River, Mass., manufacturer is recalling about 4,000 pounds of soup products after consumers found bits of plastic in the soups.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture says the products made by Blount Fine Foods were sold at Wegmans supermarkets in Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wegmans is based in Rochester, N.Y.
The following products, all under the Wegmans Food Markets label, are being recalled:
Full list of recalled soups can be found here.
No injuries were reported.
recall, wegmans, consumer news
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
More 6abc.com links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos