Wegmans recalls soups due to plastic bits
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Fall River, Mass., manufacturer is recalling about 4,000 pounds of soup products after consumers found bits of plastic in the soups.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture says the products made by Blount Fine Foods were sold at Wegmans supermarkets in Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wegmans is based in Rochester, N.Y.
The following products, all under the Wegmans Food Markets label, are being recalled:
Full list of recalled soups can be found here.
No injuries were reported.
recall, wegmans, consumer news
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 50 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 6 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
50 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
36 min ago
More 6abc.com links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos