Wegmans recalls soups due to plastic bits
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Fall River, Mass., manufacturer is recalling about 4,000 pounds of soup products after consumers found bits of plastic in the soups.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture says the products made by Blount Fine Foods were sold at Wegmans supermarkets in Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wegmans is based in Rochester, N.Y.
The following products, all under the Wegmans Food Markets label, are being recalled:
Full list of recalled soups can be found here.
No injuries were reported.
recall, wegmans, consumer news
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting 28 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere 14 min ago
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs