Consumer: Dog treat recall, Kindle refunds
October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A recall was announced regarding a brand of dog treats and there is refund news for some Kindle owners.
We begin with that recall of dog treats.
Nature's Recipe is recalling the treats because they could be contaminated with salmonella. That could not only affect dogs that eat the treats but their owners who handle the contaminated products.
Nature's Recipe is voluntarily recalling some of its "oven baked biscuits" with Real Chicken." They were manufactured at its Kansas plant.
Company officials say while no illnesses have been reported, pet owners should monitor themselves and their dogs for signs and problems. They should also throw the treats away immediately.
Again, these are Oven Baked Biscuits with Real Chicken. They were sold in 19 ounce stand-up re-sealable pouches with a Best if Used By date of October 11, 2013 or October 12, 2013.
Lot numbers include: 2199TP or 2200TP and a UPC Code of 30521 51549.
In other consumer news, if you have a Kindle e-reader, you could have a little money coming your way.
According to Amazon, if a judge approves a pending legal settlement, you'll get refunds on past e-books purchases and see e-book prices drop.
Refunds on past purchases are expected to be between 30 cents and a $1.32 for e-books bought between April 2010 and May 2012.
The books must have been published by three publishers who've agreed to settle a lawsuit that accuses them of inflating e-book prices.
The refunds will be applied automatically to the Amazon.com accounts of eligible customers. Customers can use the refunds to buy Kindle books or print books or request a check.
recall, amazon.com, consumer news, nydia han
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 11 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 30 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
12 min ago