Turkey Hill announces voluntary ice cream recall
LANCASTER, Pa. - October 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Turkey Hill Dairy of Lancaster County has announced a voluntary recall of about 1,200 cartons of Mint Chocolate Chip All Natural Ice Cream because it contains coconut that's not listed on the label.
People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to coconut can have a serious allergic reaction.
The 48-ounce cartons were distributed in Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon, York, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Philadelphia through direct distribution by Turkey Hill to the following stores: Turkey Hill Minit Markets, Cold Cut Hut in Philadelphia, Shady Maple Farm Market in Blue Ball and John Herr's Village Market in Millersville.
Turkey Hill said Monday the coconut was added to the ice cream during the last half hour of a mint chocolate chip production run on Sept. 28.
pennsylvania, lehigh county, food, recall, consumer news
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 911 calls from Newtown, CT shooting released
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Center City caught on camera 40 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in local scam
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion