ADP says US businesses added 158,000 jobs in Oct.
November 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Payroll provider ADP says businesses added 158,000 jobs in October.
ADP said it saw growth in construction, transportation and utilities, financial activities, and services. Manufacturing was the only sector that lost jobs.
ADP says the job gains accelerated from September, when revised figures showed a gain of 114,000 jobs.
ADP is calculating job gains with a different methodology than it had previously used. It had previously reported a gain of 201,000 jobs for September. The new report covers more businesses.
The report only covers hiring in the private sector, so it excludes government job growth.
The Labor Department will offer a more complete picture of October hiring on Friday.
economy, employment, consumer news
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney 1 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 15 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
1 min ago
- Dead body found during kids' Easter egg hunt
23 min ago
- N.Y. mom arrested for living in U-Haul van
32 min ago
- Texas twin boys fight off carjacker
41 min ago