ADP says US businesses added 158,000 jobs in Oct.
November 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Payroll provider ADP says businesses added 158,000 jobs in October.
ADP said it saw growth in construction, transportation and utilities, financial activities, and services. Manufacturing was the only sector that lost jobs.
ADP says the job gains accelerated from September, when revised figures showed a gain of 114,000 jobs.
ADP is calculating job gains with a different methodology than it had previously used. It had previously reported a gain of 201,000 jobs for September. The new report covers more businesses.
The report only covers hiring in the private sector, so it excludes government job growth.
The Labor Department will offer a more complete picture of October hiring on Friday.
economy, employment, consumer news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing Malaysian jet 38 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 23 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
27 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing...
38 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
23 min ago
More 6abc.com links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos