RECALL: 150,000 Honda generators
WASHINGTON, D.C. - November 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- More than 150,000 generators could leak fuel and catch fire, prompting this morning's recall by Honda.Officials with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission are recalling about 150,600 portable Honda Generators because their fuel hoses could leak.
There have been 4 leaks reported, but no fires or injuries.
The generators were sold from October 2011 through September 2012 for between $1,150 and $1,400 at the following Honda Power Equipment dealers, Online
National Pump & Compressor
The generators affected are Honda gasoline-powered portable generators with model number EU2000i and serial numbers EAAJ-2260273 through EAAJ-2485025. The generators are black and red in color or have a camouflage design. They measure about 20 inches long by 11.5 inches wide by 16.5 inches tall. "Honda," "EU converter" and the model number 2000i are printed on the side of the generator. "Companion" is printed on the side of some EU2000i models. The serial number is located on the lower right side, rear corner of the generator.
If you have one of these generators you should immediately stop using it and contact the nearest Honda Power Equipment dealer to schedule a free inspection and repair. You can call (888) 888-3139, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or go online at http://powerequipment.honda.com and click on "Recalls and Updates" under "Service and Support" for more information.
recall, honda, consumer news
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 26 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 7 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back