RECALL: 150,000 Honda generators
WASHINGTON, D.C. - November 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- More than 150,000 generators could leak fuel and catch fire, prompting this morning's recall by Honda.Officials with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission are recalling about 150,600 portable Honda Generators because their fuel hoses could leak.
There have been 4 leaks reported, but no fires or injuries.
The generators were sold from October 2011 through September 2012 for between $1,150 and $1,400 at the following Honda Power Equipment dealers, Online
National Pump & Compressor
The generators affected are Honda gasoline-powered portable generators with model number EU2000i and serial numbers EAAJ-2260273 through EAAJ-2485025. The generators are black and red in color or have a camouflage design. They measure about 20 inches long by 11.5 inches wide by 16.5 inches tall. "Honda," "EU converter" and the model number 2000i are printed on the side of the generator. "Companion" is printed on the side of some EU2000i models. The serial number is located on the lower right side, rear corner of the generator.
If you have one of these generators you should immediately stop using it and contact the nearest Honda Power Equipment dealer to schedule a free inspection and repair. You can call (888) 888-3139, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or go online at http://powerequipment.honda.com and click on "Recalls and Updates" under "Service and Support" for more information.
recall, honda, consumer news
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 19 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 56 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 34 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 42 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 29 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 19 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
19 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
14 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
34 min ago
More consumer resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos