Ocean Beauty recalls 2 types of smoked salmon
SEATTLE - December 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ocean Beauty Seafoods has announced a precautionary recall of two cold-smoked salmon products because of possible Listeria contamination. The products were distributed in 12 states.
The products are the 3-ounce Nathan's Brand Cold Smoked Atlantic Salmon and the 4-ounce Lascco Cold Smoked Nova Atlantic Salmon.
The products were distributed to retailers and distribution centers in Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey and New York.
The Lascco salmon has a universal product code, or UPC, of 0 72840 01751 7. The Nathan's salmon has a UPC of 0 73030 80368 2. The products are vacuum-packed in a plastic pouch on a foil board. The pack code 285 is printed on the back panel.
No illnesses have been reported. Listeria can lead to severe illness for women who are pregnant or people who have a weakened immune system.
Ocean Beauty says internal testing by the company revealed the presence of Listeria in samples of the specific packages noted above.
recall, consumer news
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 8 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 13 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 10 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 2 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 59 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 58 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 49 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
10 min ago