Baby strollers recalled over fall and choking hazards
WASHINGTON, D.C. - January 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Thousands of strollers sold during the past 3 years are being recalled because part of a handle could detach.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission says the company Bagaboo Americas is voluntary recalling more than 46,000 baby strollers.
The models being recalled are the Bugaboo Cameleon and Bugaboo Donkey strollers. They were sold at Buy Buy Baby, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Toys R Us and other baby product stores nationwide, online at Bugaboo.com and other online retailers. The Bugaboo Cameleon was sold between September 2009 and June 2012 for about $980. The Bugaboo Donkey was sold from January 2011 through December 2012 for between $1,200 and $1,600.
The strollers were sold with a base, sun canopy and other accessories in various colors. A fabric tag on the side of the sun canopy has Bugaboo and the model name. Strollers included in the recall have a serial number that falls within the range listed below. Serial numbers are printed on the stroller's chassis, located under the carrycot/seat.
The models affected are:
Serial Number 04011090900001 to 04031101009999
Serial Number 08011090900001 to 08021100800386
Serial Number 140100093600531 to 140103123350418
Serial Number 170101105300001 to 170104130900500
Officials say a button on the stroller's carry seat handle can become disengaged and cause the handle to detach, posing fall and choking hazards to young children. There have been 58 reports of carry handles detaching. No injuries have been reported.
Consumers can call (800) 460-2922, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, or online at www.bugaboo.com and click on "Important Quality Initiative" for more information. Consumers can email the firm at firstname.lastname@example.org. People who own the product should remove the carry handle from the strollers and contact Bugaboo for a free replacement handle. Consumers can continue to use the strollers while awaiting the replacement handle.
recall, children, consumer news
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash 37 min ago
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Parts of Christiana Mall lose power 41 min ago
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month 23 min ago
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro 46 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard 16 min ago