Baby strollers recalled over fall and choking hazards
WASHINGTON, D.C. - January 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Thousands of strollers sold during the past 3 years are being recalled because part of a handle could detach.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission says the company Bagaboo Americas is voluntary recalling more than 46,000 baby strollers.
The models being recalled are the Bugaboo Cameleon and Bugaboo Donkey strollers. They were sold at Buy Buy Baby, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Toys R Us and other baby product stores nationwide, online at Bugaboo.com and other online retailers. The Bugaboo Cameleon was sold between September 2009 and June 2012 for about $980. The Bugaboo Donkey was sold from January 2011 through December 2012 for between $1,200 and $1,600.
The strollers were sold with a base, sun canopy and other accessories in various colors. A fabric tag on the side of the sun canopy has Bugaboo and the model name. Strollers included in the recall have a serial number that falls within the range listed below. Serial numbers are printed on the stroller's chassis, located under the carrycot/seat.
The models affected are:
Serial Number 04011090900001 to 04031101009999
Serial Number 08011090900001 to 08021100800386
Serial Number 140100093600531 to 140103123350418
Serial Number 170101105300001 to 170104130900500
Officials say a button on the stroller's carry seat handle can become disengaged and cause the handle to detach, posing fall and choking hazards to young children. There have been 58 reports of carry handles detaching. No injuries have been reported.
Consumers can call (800) 460-2922, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, or online at www.bugaboo.com and click on "Important Quality Initiative" for more information. Consumers can email the firm at firstname.lastname@example.org. People who own the product should remove the carry handle from the strollers and contact Bugaboo for a free replacement handle. Consumers can continue to use the strollers while awaiting the replacement handle.
recall, children, consumer news
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 21 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Thieves hijack your computer till you pay 1 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 46 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
12 min ago