Honda issues recall because of airbag problem
TORRANCE, Calif. - January 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Honda says it's recalling 748,000 Pilot and Odyssey vehicles because of a possible problem with their driver's-side airbags.
Honda says that the airbags may have been assembled without some of the rivets needed to secure their cover. That could keep them from deploying properly in the event of a crash and increase the possibility of injury.
No crashes or injuries have been reported related to the issue.
The effected Pilot SUVs were made for the 2009 through 2013 model years, while the Odyssey minivans in question were made for the 2011 through 2013 model years.
Honda will notify affected owners by mail starting in mid-February. The automaker says owners should take their vehicles to a dealer as soon as they receive notification.
honda, recall, consumer news
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 3 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 9 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
21 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
3 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
9 min ago
More 6abc.com links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos