2.3 million bottles of Triaminic and Theraflu recalled
January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Millions of bottles of cold and flu remedies are being recalled because children can get the child-safety lids off the containers.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission announced the recalls of Triaminic Syrups and Theraflu Warming Relief Syrups for coughs, colds and fevers.
There have been 12 incident of kids getting the bottles open. One child needed medical attention afterward.
There are 24 types of these two products included in the recall. A complete list of products, lot numbers and National Drug Codes (NDC) can be found at www.novartisOTC.com. Lot numbers are located on the bottom panel of the box and on the left side of the label on the bottle.
The NDC number is located on the upper right corner of the front panel of the Triaminic Syrups box and the upper left corner of the Theraflu Warming Relief Syrups bottle.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled product and contact Novartis for instructions on how to return the product for a full refund. The bottles were sold at food, drug, mass merchandise and club stores nationwide between May 2010 and December 2011 for about $5.
recall, drugs, children, consumer news
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday 33 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 15 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 53 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 30 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 16 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Bitter Blast Thursday
33 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
30 min ago
- Police: Camden Man robbed 5 banks in 1 month
31 min ago
- Person, cat rescued from New Castle fire
32 min ago