2.3 million bottles of Triaminic and Theraflu recalled
January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Millions of bottles of cold and flu remedies are being recalled because children can get the child-safety lids off the containers.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission announced the recalls of Triaminic Syrups and Theraflu Warming Relief Syrups for coughs, colds and fevers.
There have been 12 incident of kids getting the bottles open. One child needed medical attention afterward.
There are 24 types of these two products included in the recall. A complete list of products, lot numbers and National Drug Codes (NDC) can be found at www.novartisOTC.com. Lot numbers are located on the bottom panel of the box and on the left side of the label on the bottle.
The NDC number is located on the upper right corner of the front panel of the Triaminic Syrups box and the upper left corner of the Theraflu Warming Relief Syrups bottle.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled product and contact Novartis for instructions on how to return the product for a full refund. The bottles were sold at food, drug, mass merchandise and club stores nationwide between May 2010 and December 2011 for about $5.
recall, drugs, children, consumer news
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 51 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 50 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 15 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 31 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan...
39 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
32 min ago