ShopRite voluntarily recalls ground beef in South Philly
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say the ShopRite store of the Snyder Plaza has issued a voluntary recall of its store-made ground beef that may contain pieces of the black tray lining pad used in the packaging.
The store is located in the unit block of Snyder Avenue in South Philadelphia.
Officials say all the beef processed in the store and sold on Tuesday, February 5th could be affected.
"We are advising customers who purchased any of these products at the ShopRite of Snyder Plaza to return them for an immediate refund or replacement," stated ShopRite spokesperson Karen Meleta.
"Although the pieces of the liner may not cause an immediate health risk if ingested, we wanted to alert the public so appropriate steps can be taken, added Meleta."
So far, no injuries related to the recall have been reported.
Officials say this is an isolated incident and affects only the ShopRite of Snyder Plaza.
ShopRite requests that customers please check the labels of any ground beef products they may have purchased from the store. Customers may return any affected products for a full refund or replacement.
Pre-packed ground meat products and ground meat sold in other ShopRite stores in the area are not affected by this recall.
ShopRite has reached out to its ShopRite Price Plus Club customers who have purchased this product to alert them to the recall via phone or email.
ShopRite urges its customers to keep their Price Plus Club information updated, so they can be contacted in case of such events.
Customers wishing to update their information can call 1-800-SHOPRITE or visit ShopRite.
Customer questions or concerns can be directed to 1-800-ShopRite (1-800-746-7748).
recall, consumer news
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
More consumer resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos