ShopRite voluntarily recalls ground beef in South Philly
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say the ShopRite store of the Snyder Plaza has issued a voluntary recall of its store-made ground beef that may contain pieces of the black tray lining pad used in the packaging.
The store is located in the unit block of Snyder Avenue in South Philadelphia.
Officials say all the beef processed in the store and sold on Tuesday, February 5th could be affected.
"We are advising customers who purchased any of these products at the ShopRite of Snyder Plaza to return them for an immediate refund or replacement," stated ShopRite spokesperson Karen Meleta.
"Although the pieces of the liner may not cause an immediate health risk if ingested, we wanted to alert the public so appropriate steps can be taken, added Meleta."
So far, no injuries related to the recall have been reported.
Officials say this is an isolated incident and affects only the ShopRite of Snyder Plaza.
ShopRite requests that customers please check the labels of any ground beef products they may have purchased from the store. Customers may return any affected products for a full refund or replacement.
Pre-packed ground meat products and ground meat sold in other ShopRite stores in the area are not affected by this recall.
ShopRite has reached out to its ShopRite Price Plus Club customers who have purchased this product to alert them to the recall via phone or email.
ShopRite urges its customers to keep their Price Plus Club information updated, so they can be contacted in case of such events.
Customers wishing to update their information can call 1-800-SHOPRITE or visit ShopRite.
Customer questions or concerns can be directed to 1-800-ShopRite (1-800-746-7748).
recall, consumer news
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay 39 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast 55 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Obama heading to South Africa 50 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 18 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
30 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
18 min ago