ShopRite voluntarily recalls ground beef in South Philly
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say the ShopRite store of the Snyder Plaza has issued a voluntary recall of its store-made ground beef that may contain pieces of the black tray lining pad used in the packaging.
The store is located in the unit block of Snyder Avenue in South Philadelphia.
Officials say all the beef processed in the store and sold on Tuesday, February 5th could be affected.
"We are advising customers who purchased any of these products at the ShopRite of Snyder Plaza to return them for an immediate refund or replacement," stated ShopRite spokesperson Karen Meleta.
"Although the pieces of the liner may not cause an immediate health risk if ingested, we wanted to alert the public so appropriate steps can be taken, added Meleta."
So far, no injuries related to the recall have been reported.
Officials say this is an isolated incident and affects only the ShopRite of Snyder Plaza.
ShopRite requests that customers please check the labels of any ground beef products they may have purchased from the store. Customers may return any affected products for a full refund or replacement.
Pre-packed ground meat products and ground meat sold in other ShopRite stores in the area are not affected by this recall.
ShopRite has reached out to its ShopRite Price Plus Club customers who have purchased this product to alert them to the recall via phone or email.
ShopRite urges its customers to keep their Price Plus Club information updated, so they can be contacted in case of such events.
Customers wishing to update their information can call 1-800-SHOPRITE or visit ShopRite.
Customer questions or concerns can be directed to 1-800-ShopRite (1-800-746-7748).
recall, consumer news
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 19 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 3 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 23 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 23 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 23 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
19 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
23 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
23 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
9 min ago
More consumer resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos