ShopRite voluntarily recalls ground beef in South Philly
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say the ShopRite store of the Snyder Plaza has issued a voluntary recall of its store-made ground beef that may contain pieces of the black tray lining pad used in the packaging.
The store is located in the unit block of Snyder Avenue in South Philadelphia.
Officials say all the beef processed in the store and sold on Tuesday, February 5th could be affected.
"We are advising customers who purchased any of these products at the ShopRite of Snyder Plaza to return them for an immediate refund or replacement," stated ShopRite spokesperson Karen Meleta.
"Although the pieces of the liner may not cause an immediate health risk if ingested, we wanted to alert the public so appropriate steps can be taken, added Meleta."
So far, no injuries related to the recall have been reported.
Officials say this is an isolated incident and affects only the ShopRite of Snyder Plaza.
ShopRite requests that customers please check the labels of any ground beef products they may have purchased from the store. Customers may return any affected products for a full refund or replacement.
Pre-packed ground meat products and ground meat sold in other ShopRite stores in the area are not affected by this recall.
ShopRite has reached out to its ShopRite Price Plus Club customers who have purchased this product to alert them to the recall via phone or email.
ShopRite urges its customers to keep their Price Plus Club information updated, so they can be contacted in case of such events.
Customers wishing to update their information can call 1-800-SHOPRITE or visit ShopRite.
Customer questions or concerns can be directed to 1-800-ShopRite (1-800-746-7748).
recall, consumer news
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 18 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 10 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 57 min ago
- Temps Soar