Wegmans recalls flour over small plastic balls
ROCHESTER, N.Y. - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wegmans Food Markets has recalled its house brand of flour because it may contain small, blue polyurethane balls.
The supermarket chain says the 5-pound bags its All-Purpose Bleached Flour may contain the balls, which are part of equipment used to sift the flour.
The company says they're made of food-grade material that doesn't contaminate the product and are easily seen because of their bright color and size, about half the diameter of a dime.
The flour was sold between Dec. 24 and Feb. 15. Company officials didn't initially return messages Wednesday seeking information about whether the balls have caused any physical problems among consumers.
Packages may be returned to stores for full refunds.
Wegmans has 81 stores in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland and Massachusetts.
wegmans, consumer news
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 30 min ago
- Shower In Spots 26 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing 28 min ago
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze 15 min ago
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
30 min ago
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point...
15 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make...
28 min ago
- Shower In Spots
26 min ago