Smithfield recalls 38,000 pounds of sausage
WASHINGTON (AP) - February 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Smithfield Packing Co. is recalling about 38,000 pounds of pork sausage that may contain small pieces of plastic, likely from gloves.
The Agriculture Department's Food Safety and Inspection Service reports that the Virginia company recalled certain containers of a product called "Gwaltney mild pork sausage roll."
The sausage was produced on Jan. 11 and was distributed in Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas. The problem was discovered after the company received two consumer complaints. There have been no reports of injury.
Consumers with questions about the recall should call 877-933-4625.
food, recall, consumer news
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 14 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 57 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
- 2 injured after vehicle hits sinkhole in...
16 min ago
More consumer resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos