Smithfield recalls 38,000 pounds of sausage
WASHINGTON (AP) - February 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Smithfield Packing Co. is recalling about 38,000 pounds of pork sausage that may contain small pieces of plastic, likely from gloves.
The Agriculture Department's Food Safety and Inspection Service reports that the Virginia company recalled certain containers of a product called "Gwaltney mild pork sausage roll."
The sausage was produced on Jan. 11 and was distributed in Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas. The problem was discovered after the company received two consumer complaints. There have been no reports of injury.
Consumers with questions about the recall should call 877-933-4625.
food, recall, consumer news
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded 28 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition