Consumer News: Happiest vs. Unhappiest jobs
March 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- The latest list of the happiest and unhappiest jobs plus a major cell phone carrier is changing the way its plans work.
T-Mobile is getting rid of its two-year contracts. It's now offering only NO-contract Smartphone plans on its website.
The cheapest plan is $50 a month. That will give you unlimited talking and texting, Mobile Hotspot service, and 500 megabytes of 4G data.
The plans are a slight discount from T-Mobile's previous offerings.
The flip side is T-Mobile will no longer subsidize the cost of a phone. You can bring your own but it has to be able to take a SIM card.
If you don't bring your own, you can buy one full-price from T-Mobile and pay in monthly installments.
Speaking of electronics, air travelers can reportedly expect more relaxed rules by the end of the year when it comes to powering down certain electronic devices during take-off and landing.
Instead of turning off devices like iPods and e-readers, you'll likely just have to put them on airplane mode.
The change, however, is not expected to include cell phones.
Finally, how happy or unhappy are you in your job?
If you're a real estate agent, you're apparently on cloud nine, at least compared to people in other professions.
According to CareerBliss.com, real estate agents are the happiest in their job, followed by senior quality assurance engineers, senior sales representatives, construction superintendents, and senior application developers.
So who's miserable in their jobs?
Sad to say but teachers and registered nurses, respectively, they make up the fifth and fourth unhappiest.
The third unhappiest job is that of clerk, customer service associate takes the number two spot on the list.
The unhappiest job of all? According to CareerBliss - an associate attorney.
CareerBliss analyzed reviews from more than 65,000 employees, who evaluated a long list of factors.
cell phones, consumer news, nydia han
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
23 min ago
More 6abc.com links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos