Consumer News: Happiest vs. Unhappiest jobs
March 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- The latest list of the happiest and unhappiest jobs plus a major cell phone carrier is changing the way its plans work.
T-Mobile is getting rid of its two-year contracts. It's now offering only NO-contract Smartphone plans on its website.
The cheapest plan is $50 a month. That will give you unlimited talking and texting, Mobile Hotspot service, and 500 megabytes of 4G data.
The plans are a slight discount from T-Mobile's previous offerings.
The flip side is T-Mobile will no longer subsidize the cost of a phone. You can bring your own but it has to be able to take a SIM card.
If you don't bring your own, you can buy one full-price from T-Mobile and pay in monthly installments.
Speaking of electronics, air travelers can reportedly expect more relaxed rules by the end of the year when it comes to powering down certain electronic devices during take-off and landing.
Instead of turning off devices like iPods and e-readers, you'll likely just have to put them on airplane mode.
The change, however, is not expected to include cell phones.
Finally, how happy or unhappy are you in your job?
If you're a real estate agent, you're apparently on cloud nine, at least compared to people in other professions.
According to CareerBliss.com, real estate agents are the happiest in their job, followed by senior quality assurance engineers, senior sales representatives, construction superintendents, and senior application developers.
So who's miserable in their jobs?
Sad to say but teachers and registered nurses, respectively, they make up the fifth and fourth unhappiest.
The third unhappiest job is that of clerk, customer service associate takes the number two spot on the list.
The unhappiest job of all? According to CareerBliss - an associate attorney.
CareerBliss analyzed reviews from more than 65,000 employees, who evaluated a long list of factors.
cell phones, consumer news, nydia han
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 36 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?