Farm Rich products recalled over E. coli fears
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - March 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rich Products Corp. has announced a voluntary recall of its Farm Rich Mini Quesadillas and other Farm Rich products because of a possible E. coli contamination.
The recall, announced Thursday, also includes the Buffalo, N.Y.-based company's Farm Rich Mini Pizza Slices, Farm Rich Philly Cheese Steaks, Farm Rich Mozzarella Bites and Market Day Mozzarella Bites. They were produced Nov. 12 through Nov. 19.
The Farm Rich products were distributed in retail stores nationwide. The company says it's working with the Food Safety Inspection Service in the U.S. Department of Agriculture to identify the possible contamination source.
Health officials say symptoms of E. coli infection could occur up to 10 days after exposure and can include diarrhea, abdominal cramps, nausea and vomiting.
Consumers with questions about the recall can call 1-888-220-5955.
recall, consumer news
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1