Farm Rich products recalled over E. coli fears
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - March 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rich Products Corp. has announced a voluntary recall of its Farm Rich Mini Quesadillas and other Farm Rich products because of a possible E. coli contamination.
The recall, announced Thursday, also includes the Buffalo, N.Y.-based company's Farm Rich Mini Pizza Slices, Farm Rich Philly Cheese Steaks, Farm Rich Mozzarella Bites and Market Day Mozzarella Bites. They were produced Nov. 12 through Nov. 19.
The Farm Rich products were distributed in retail stores nationwide. The company says it's working with the Food Safety Inspection Service in the U.S. Department of Agriculture to identify the possible contamination source.
Health officials say symptoms of E. coli infection could occur up to 10 days after exposure and can include diarrhea, abdominal cramps, nausea and vomiting.
Consumers with questions about the recall can call 1-888-220-5955.
recall, consumer news
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 36 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 17 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million