Target apologizes for 'manatee' plus-size color
April 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A plus-sized product has outraged some shoppers at Target, all because of its color.
A self-described plus-size shopper from California posted identical Target products on Twitter - the only difference being the size.
The standard style is described as "dark heather gray." But the plus-size product is "manatee gray."
Manatees are big creatures, often called elephants of the ocean.
The shopper complained that "manatee" was a hurtful reference to her body shape.
A Target spokeswoman says the labeling of the Massimo-brand Kimono Maxi Dress was "an unintentional oversight" and Target will be "fixing the discrepancy."
target, consumer news
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 32 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 37 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
32 min ago
- Kevin Grow suits up with Harlem Globetrotters
43 min ago
- Milder Monday
35 min ago