Target apologizes for 'manatee' plus-size color
April 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A plus-sized product has outraged some shoppers at Target, all because of its color.
A self-described plus-size shopper from California posted identical Target products on Twitter - the only difference being the size.
The standard style is described as "dark heather gray." But the plus-size product is "manatee gray."
Manatees are big creatures, often called elephants of the ocean.
The shopper complained that "manatee" was a hurtful reference to her body shape.
A Target spokeswoman says the labeling of the Massimo-brand Kimono Maxi Dress was "an unintentional oversight" and Target will be "fixing the discrepancy."
target, consumer news
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ