Carter's Recalls Infant Clothing with Zippers Due to Choking Hazard
WASHINGTON, D.C. (WPVI) -- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced the recall of Carter's one-piece footed infant clothing with zipper due to choking hazard.
Hazard: The zipper pull can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
Incidents/Injuries: None reported
Description: This recall involves eight styles of one-piece, footed cotton clothing for infants made by Carter's. They have a zipper from the foot to the neck and were sold in sizes newborn, 3, 6 and 9 months. Baby B'gosh®, Child of Mine® made by Carter's or Just One You® made by Carter's is printed on the fabric inside the neck area. The style number is printed on a side seam label.
Child of Mine
Just One You
597B537 Light blue with a nautical and green crabs print and "Captain Cutie" on the left chest.
520-243 White with a pink cupcake print. Sold as 2-pack with:
597B538 Pink with small polka dots and a bunny ballerina on the left chest.
520-244 White with green stripes and an elephant and duck on the left chest. Sold as 2-pack with:
597B539 White with a gray elephant, gray bear, green frog and yellow duck print.
Sold at: OshKosh B'gosh, Walmart and Target nationwide from December 2012 through January 2013 for between $7 and $20. Baby B'gosh sleepwear was also sold online.
Manufactured in: China
Remedy: Consumers should immediately take the recalled clothing away from infants and return it to Carter's for a full refund.Consumer Contact: For more information, visit the CPSC website
recall, lifestyle, consumer news
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 17 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?