Honda recalling 18,000 cars to fix brakes
DETROIT (AP) - June 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Honda is recalling more than 18,000 cars in the U.S. to fix problems with the brakes.
The recall affects more than 13,000 Acura RSX compact cars from 2006 and the Honda S2000 sports car from the 2006 and 2007 model years.
Honda says some power brake booster parts weren't made to specifications. That could cause a decrease in braking power over time and could increase the risk of a crash. But the company says it doesn't know of any accidents or injuries from the problem.
Honda found the problem by watching warranty claims. Owners will be notified by mail in mid-July. Dealers will replace the brake booster if needed.
recall, honda, automobiles, consumer news
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 24 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 48 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 5 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
52 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
24 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
48 min ago
More 6abc.com links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos