Best Buy recalls batteries over fire risk
June 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Best Buy is recalling 5,100 replacement batteries for the MacBook Pro due to a fire risk.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday that there have been 13 reports that the battery caught fire. One consumer suffered a serious burn on the leg.
Best Buy Co. is voluntarily recalling both black and white ATG lithium-ion replacement batteries for the notebook computers. The batteries were sold online or shipped to customers through its Geek Squad services from September of 2008 through June of 2012 for about $50.
Consumers should stop using the battery and contact Best Buy for a replacement or refund.
The model number "MC-MBOOK13B" is on the label of the black battery and "MC-BOOK13W" is on the label of the white battery. The ATG logo is on both.
recall, best buy, apple, consumer news
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 5 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death 28 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman 46 min ago
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden 56 min ago
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 29 min ago
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 9 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Police: Camden Man robbed 5 banks in 1 month 6 min ago
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro