Best Buy recalls batteries over fire risk
June 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Best Buy is recalling 5,100 replacement batteries for the MacBook Pro due to a fire risk.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday that there have been 13 reports that the battery caught fire. One consumer suffered a serious burn on the leg.
Best Buy Co. is voluntarily recalling both black and white ATG lithium-ion replacement batteries for the notebook computers. The batteries were sold online or shipped to customers through its Geek Squad services from September of 2008 through June of 2012 for about $50.
Consumers should stop using the battery and contact Best Buy for a replacement or refund.
The model number "MC-MBOOK13B" is on the label of the black battery and "MC-BOOK13W" is on the label of the white battery. The ATG logo is on both.
recall, best buy, apple, consumer news
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 30 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 48 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
48 min ago