Salsa recalled after glass pieces found in jars
FRESNO - July 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fresno-based Olam Tomato Processors Inc. is recalling its salsa after large glass pieces were found in some jars.
The recalled jars include Mild Chunky Salsa with best-by dates of June 2015 and October 2015, and Medium Chunky Salsa with a best-by date of July 2015.
The salsas are sold at Dollar Tree, Dollar Express and Dollar Bills stores and distributed nationwide.
The company says the glass pieces got into the salsa when some of the jars were damaged.
No injuries have been reported.Customers who purchased the salsas involved in the recall can return the products for a full refund. For more information about this recall, visit www.fda.gov/recall.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
food, recall, consumer news
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 51 min ago