Salsa recalled after glass pieces found in jars
FRESNO - July 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fresno-based Olam Tomato Processors Inc. is recalling its salsa after large glass pieces were found in some jars.
The recalled jars include Mild Chunky Salsa with best-by dates of June 2015 and October 2015, and Medium Chunky Salsa with a best-by date of July 2015.
The salsas are sold at Dollar Tree, Dollar Express and Dollar Bills stores and distributed nationwide.
The company says the glass pieces got into the salsa when some of the jars were damaged.
No injuries have been reported.Customers who purchased the salsas involved in the recall can return the products for a full refund. For more information about this recall, visit www.fda.gov/recall.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
food, recall, consumer news
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion 23 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 37 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted 4 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 46 min ago
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash